Who were the Anglo-Saxons?
In our first theme we will be exploring the question: “Who were the Anglo-Saxons?” By the end of the unit we are aiming for the children to be able to:
- know how Britain changed between the end of the Roman occupation and 1066.
- know about how the Anglo-Saxons attempted to bring about law and order into the country.
- know that during the Anglo-Saxon period Britain was divided into many kingdoms.
- know that the way the kingdoms were divided led to the creation of some of our county boundaries today.
- use a time line to show when the Anglo-Saxons were in England.
Were the Vikings always vicious and victorious?
In our second theme we will be exploring the question: “Were the Vikings always vicious and victorious?” By the end of this unit we are aiming for the children to be able to:
- know where the Vikings originated from and show this on a map.
- know that the Vikings and Anglo-Saxons were often in conflict.
- know why the Vikings frequently won battles with the Anglo-Saxons.