The Walking Bus
One of the ways in which we have improved our parking situation is to arrange a school "Walking Bus".
The aim is for EVERY child who is currently driven into school being dropped off at ASDA rather than outside the school. At ASDA they are met by members of staff and parent volunteers. The children are then walked along the cycle path into school ready for the start of the day. At the end of the day, the children are escorted back to ASDA to be collected.
Although a traffic-free route, all children and adults wear high visibility jackets during the walk (the jackets are provided free of charge to all the children).
The little bit of exercise the children get has to be of benefit to them and if everyone takes part then it should eliminate the traffic and safety issues outside of the school.
- It's free!!!
- It is supervised by school staff.
- Children are to be driven to the ASDA car park.
- Children can be dropped off from 8:20 am.
- The walk leaves ASDA at 8:30 am
- The walk follows the cycle path - no roads at all.
- The children arrive in school at 8:35 am and supervised by school staff until 8:40 am
- The bus leaves school shortly after home time.
- Children arrive at ASDA at around 3:35 pm.
- Children are collected, by parents, from the ASDA carpark where school staff handover children (in the normal way).
Children can take part in the Walking Bus in the morning, afternoon or both but need to be registered with the school office.
If you drive to school PLEASE consider the walking bus as the alternative to parking at school.