Science - How can you light up your life?
If you want to get a head start ...
How can you light up your life?
In this unit, we will be learning about the way the eye works, how light travels as well as developing our water colour skills.
We will be learning to label parts of the eye!
Watch this video to learn more - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zf9c87h.
Check out these interesting facts about the eye:
- The eyeball of a human weighs approximately 28 grams.
- The human eye can distinguish 500 shades of grey.
- Only 1/6th of your eyeball is exposed to the outside world.
- The average person blinks about 12 times per minute. That’s more than 10,000 times a day.
- If you lined up all of the eyelashes shed in your life time, it would add up to about 98 ft.
- Your eyes are composed of roughly 2 million working parts.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Your eyes will focus on about 50 things per second.
- Your eyes contribute to 85% of your total knowledge.
- Hawks and eagles see almost eight times better than humans.
COMING SOON . . .
Keep an eye out for pictures of the wonderful work we have been doing!