Become a Governor
Our Governing Body is looking for a new 'co-opted' member.
Governors have an important and influential role to play in the life of our school. They are all volunteers. As a collective group, the Governing Body works with our Headteacher to:
- determine the aims and curriculum policy in the school
- establish priorities for development
- allocate the school budget so that national requirements and individual pupil needs are met
- interview and appoint staff
- foster good relationships with parents and the local community
- decide how the school is to be used outside school hours
- ensure the premises are well maintained and appropriate for the needs of the school
Our Governing Body is composed of different types of Governor. There are Governors who are nominated and selected by staff, some by parents and other Governors are selected by the Local Education Authority.
The largest group of Governors on our Governing Body are ‘co-opted’ Governors. ‘Co-opted’ governors are recruited and selected by the Governing Body itself. This allows the Governing Body to select people with particular skills. A ‘co-opted’ Governor can be anyone from our community (and they don’t have to have a particular connection with the school).
There is currently ONE vacancy to fill. In terms of skills, any interest in curriculum matters would be helpful to us.
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for consideration, you need to download and complete an application form (this can be found below). Your completed form needs emailing to the Headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12 noon on Monday 22nd February 2021. We will be in touch after this date.
If you would like to find out more information about our school please browse through out website or feel free to give us a ring.